Is your house insured for enough to rebuild it?
16 January 2017
Last year's earthquakes were an acute reminder to check that the amount your house is insured for would be enough to rebuild it in the event of a disaster.
1. Read your house insurance policy and check that the amount you are insuring your house for would be enough to rebuild it.
2. Check that the square meterage of your home and other buildings on your property are recorded accurately.
3. Check that additional features of your home have been identified. This includes fences, driveways, garages, sleep-outs, sheds, retaining walls and swimming pools.
4. Answer the questions on your insurer’s online calculator.
5. Ask a builder or quantity surveyor for their expert advice.
See our info sheet