Financial advisers

Financial advisers give advice about money, financial services and products, and investing. They include financial planners, mortgage and insurance brokers and people working for insurance companies, banks and building societies who give advice.

Legally all financial advisers must be registered on the Financial Service Providers Register (FSPR) and must belong to an approved dispute resolution scheme, such as the ISO Scheme.

If you have a problem with the service you received from your financial adviser, make a complaint directly to the adviser. If the problem is not resolved, contact us.

The IFSO Scheme can only consider complaints about Participants of the IFSO Scheme; and problems that relate to something that occurred after your adviser first registered on the FSPR. 

Info Sheets
Financial Advisers

Case Studies
Search the case studies of complaints to the IFSO Scheme.